Thursday, 21 November 2013

Obsession: The Barbie Epidemic

For my new project I decided to look at obsession. I'm not sure if it'll be commercial and suitable BUT...I wanted to look at a 'weird' obsession. 

Hello again, 'Barbie epidemic'!

(l-r: Venusangelic, Dakota Rose, Wang JiaYun, Anastasiya Shpagina, Valeria Lukyanova.)

There is something fascinating about this obsession with making oneself look like a perfect doll. It's a very striking look but it can't be a good influence and is probably dangerous in extreme cases. AND Photoshop MUST be involved! 

Soo...to get a feel as part of research I thought I'd try to make myself look doll-like...


Using make-up I tried to create a doll look.
The results were fairly doll-like but not half as doll-like as Wang Jia Yun, Dakota Rose,  Anastasiya Shpagina and Valeria Lukyanova.

Next stop, Photoshop! I used airbrushing and retouching.

The results are shocking!
After this I believe Photoshop can do EVERYTHING! I wonder how many of the 'dolls' have heavily shopped their photos... 

For a more detailed account please see the original post> [click here]

No comments:

Post a Comment